killie99;660549 Wrote:
> Is there a way to quickly jump to a letter of the alphabet when
> scrolling through the 'artist' list like you can with an ipod? I know I
> can bring up the keyboard and start typing but it's a bit cumbersome and
> doesn't 'take' me to a particular point in the list, it only lists
> artists with those particular sequence of characters. For example, if I
> type 'pi' i get about 5 artists and  I can select 'Pink Floyd'. If I
> then decide I want to listen to 'Primal Scream' I need to bring up the
> keyboard and type 'pr' rather than just being able to scroll down from
> where I currently are in the 'artist' list. Does that make sense? If
> that's how it works then fair enough, just thought I'd ask incase ther
> eis something I haven't set up correctly. thanks.
Yes it makes sense and no there is currently no way to do that.

I don't think it is actually feasible to do exactly what you want. The
main reason is that the lists are loaded incrementally as needed, so
searching has to be done by the server and there's no way to get the
search to return the item position instead of a list of found items.

The closest to what you're suggesting is probably something that iPeng
for the iPhone/iPad has which I think they call a jump list. It's
basically a vertical list of letters on the side of the main list. When
you tap a letter, the main list jumps to the section with item names
that start with that letter. I'm considering making that an option in a
later update, but no guarantees. I don't really like that solution cause
it makes the lists look too cluttered.

--
wt0