Atlantic;664498 Wrote:
> Andy, I completely agree!  I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear.  The
> problem is that when playing individual tracks, say 1812 Overture,
> followed by Romeo & Juliet, at present there is no gap at all between
> the end of the sound of the first piece, and the beginning of the sound
> of the second piece.
>
> Whereas, on a CD, there is a gap of, say, 3 or 4 seconds (I've never
> measured it) between the pieces.  And, in a concert - even when
> conducted by the composer, there is a gap between a piece's movements,
> and certainly between pieces themselves.
>
> It is the 'gap' that the composer intended, and that the CD player
> exhibits, that I am trying to recapture.
>
> regards, Atlantic

This is very odd. All of my rips of CDs/Tracks that do have gaps play
with gaps on all my SB players. How were your CDs ripped and was there
some odd setting you used at the time of ripping that removed the gaps?
And agree, make sure you don't have crossfade turned on (in my setup it
is off, so I DO get the gaps where gaps exist).

--
garym

System 1: Vortexbox Appliance 6TB (1.10) > SbS 7.6.2 > Transporter,
Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
System 2: Win7(64) laptop > SbS 7.6.2 > Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio and laptop)
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controlled at both locations with: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD &
SqueezePad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.6 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag