castalla;664663 Wrote:
> A bit off topic - but it all seems a bit of a storm in a teacup.  What
> real world use is a track rating system anyway - it's sort of like OCD
> trainspotting in my book.  If I rate a track as rubbish, borderline,
> uninteresting, then I just dump it.  I also recognise what are '5 star'
> albums, tracks, etc. without the need for a statistic.  I suppose if you
> have 1000s of tracks then you might need some rating system - but then
> how often are you going to actually listen to 1 or 2 star tracks
> anyway?
>
> Seems a rather esoteric feature to be part of the core system.  I'd
> rather Logitech spent their time and resources developing a usable
> equaliser plugin.
>
> Just my 2 eurocents worth.

+1
Life is too short to rate tracks... And rating tracks is actually the
antithesis of music discovery, especially if you are going to use
ratings to seed random playlists.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.