Hi,

(Couldn't see any discussion group appropriate for old Squeezebox2
questions so that's why I'm putting this in the General group)

I've been intending to upgrade my wireless network from WEP to WPA
encryption for years now but I always believed I couldn't because I
understood Squeezebox2 doesn't support WPA. The reason I believed this
was that when I enter the setup menu (hold left button down, then
select Set up networking -> Connect to wireless network -> Europe ->
<my network's SSID>), the only options available are 64 bit and 128 bit
WEP.

I know what you're thinking: you've got an SB1 - not an SB2 (I've seen
the threads about mis-selling on ebay). Not so I think:

- sticker on bottom says "Squeezebox2"
- Settings -> Information-> <player name> Information -> says "Model:
Squeezebox2"
- Settings -> Information-> <player name> Information -> says
"Firmware: 137"
- it has an ethernet bridge (which I think SB1 didn't support)

How can this be?

Thanks for any help,
Brian.

--