mherger;669142 Wrote:
> > I gave it a try.....no problem with getting it up and running---sort
> of.
> > I liked the sound quality, but it was completely unusable for me.  I
> > experienced constant rebuffering which I suspect might have been due
> > the combination of the high bit rate and my "lowly" DSL connection.
>
> What kind of connection are you using? Where are you living? And would
> you
> have used a lower bitrate/quality stream if that option had been
> available?
>
> --
>
> Michael

Hi Michael...

My connection's a Centurylink (formerly known as Qwest) 1.5 mb DSL
connection.  I live in the Seattle area of Washington State.  Honestly,
the lower bit rate stream wouldn't have compelled me to use it.

Other than the higher quality stream and a lower price, I didn't feel
that there were enough significant differences between MOG and Rhapsody
to make me really want to change.  I have many fairly large
Rhapsody-resident playlists I'd have needed to try and reconstruct in
MOG, and I actually somewhat preferred Rhapsody's search and overall
UI.  Content seemed roughly comparable, with maybe a slight edge going
to Rhapsody. If higher bitrate the stream had worked perfectly, I might
have wanted to make the effort, but.....

So, if there had been an option to use a lower bitrate stream, then all
MOG would have offered me was a few dollars lower price and that alone
wouldn't have made me want to either switch or sign up to MOG as an
additional service (you'd think I have enough of them as it is, but I
seem to use them all!).

--
rgro

Rg

System information
Main: PS Audio Quintet > Vortexbox > Touch (wired) via optical > Rega
DAC > LFD LE IV amp > VA Mozart Grands > REL Acoustics R305.

Home Theatre:  Duet/SBR (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5
Classic 5.1.

SBS 7.7.0 r33626 running on a Vortexbox Appliance, V 1.9.  Touch
w/Hardware V.5.  Touch: FW 7.7.0 r9550.  Duet: FW 7.7.0 r9546.