cliveb;670068 Wrote:
> Maybe I've got this wrong, but my understanding is that when you switch
> over to mysb.com, you'll get connected to whatever version of
> Squeezebox Server it is running, and that means your player's firmware
> might get updated.
>
> I wouldn't want to get constantly swapping firmwares whenever I
> switched between mysb.com and the local server, so that in turn implies
> the need to keep upgrading the local server in order to avoid that. And
> I don't want the uncertainty of constantly updating my local server -
> there are far too many posts around here to do with things breaking
> after a SBS update. I'm firmly in the camp that believes you should not
> mess with things that are working fine.

If you turn off software updates after the upgrade, when the player has
upgraded and always use the player locally you won't be bothered by
upgrades. But always connect to your own server and use
mysqueezebox.com trough the server .
There is actually nothing you can't do via the local server (integrated
with mysb.com).

The only reasons to why people switch back and forth is .

*Turn of the pc and save energy.
*Unaware of the integration option.
*Failed server setup where the conection to mysqueezebox.com wont work.

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(in storage SB3, reciever )