@nicolas75, aubuti

nicolas75;670385 Wrote:
> There is a MediaMonkey plugin for Squeezeboxes (MonkeySqueeze), but I
> don't know how it works exactly and I understood I do need LMS and its
> database to use it.
> If so, I cannot get rid of LMS scanner.

This is not totally correct. If you have LMS on your PC then you don't
have to have a LMS music database, hence no scanning. An empty folder
is all that is required for the music folder address. MediaMonkey can
manage your music database and it tells Squeezebox what to play. LMS is
still required and anyway it has useful plugins that MediaMonkey
doesn't. LMS on a Linux NAS (e.g. ReadyNAS DUO) does require a managed
music database due to file format issues between the windows OS and
Linux.

Try MediaMonkey(basic)/MonkeySqueeze for yourself and see the
advantages of playing your music collection on Squeezebox using these
freeware programs. The official release is here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/browse/item/monkeysqueeze/

Also try the MonkeySqueeze Development site for the latest beta which
has playlist sync:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=59907

--
Gingernut63

Gingernut63

MonkeySqueeze - Squeezing music into your life!
http://twitter.com/#!/MonkeySqueeze1
MonkeySqueeze Support:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59515
MonkeySqueeze Development:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=59907
Squeezebox Boom - SqueezePlay - Squeeze Player - MediaMonkey -
MonkeyTunes