gruntwolla;670645 Wrote:
> If a friend should pop by with some flac files on a stick, then
> admittedly my choice is limited, but as previously stated, no one is
> suggesting that SBS/LMS can't be improved.
Maybe I travel in the wrong circles, but a friend has popped by with
music on a USB stick exactly once. It wasn't exactly "geeky" to copy
the files to my hard drive, play them immediately using browse music
folders, and delete them when he left. The only thing that took longer
than if I had used player software is that I had to copy the files
first, instead of playing them directly from the USB.

More commonly someone comes by with tunes on a CD or a portable music
player. The former is easily accommodated on my main system by the
vestigial Sony CD player left in the rack specifically for this
purpose. The latter is easily accommodated on my main system by the
"MP3" input on the front panel of my NAD integrated amp, or by the
inputs on my Boom or Radio.

--
aubuti