pippin;673616 Wrote:
> The good thing about all these services is that at the rate they are
> making losses you - as a customer - are heavily subsidized in your
> music consumption by VCs sinking money into this business.
>
> But it's just another reason why jo-wie is right: you need to support
> them all...
If you take the example of Pandora, its subscription revenue is
peanuts. Most of what it gets is from advertising. But I guess Google
demonstrates there's nothing wrong with that, so long as what Pandora
gets continues to grow.

Personally, I think, the subscription model is DOA. Many people suffer
from monthly subscription fatigue, and it's a tough sell to get people
to pay for something when there exist similar and free alternatives.

--
Goodsounds