Hmm, seems an interesting product.
Looks like the Vortexbox software can be installed onto self-built PC
so it can be fan less?

While the primary goal to have SB/SBT in the system is to prevent from
using any HTPC concept. I honestly can't tell the different between
24/96 and 24/192 for most recordings, however, the jitter produced by
SBT indeed can be heard using a good DAC. So the purpose is not only
for a 24/192 capable digital transport, more importantly, for a lower
jitter transport.

--
lovemov