I'm currently running server version: 7.6.1-r33110@Wed Aug 17 18:52:34 PDT 2011

Yesterday I was logged in on the XP machine running squeeze server.

A "bubble" on the squeeze server tooltray icon informed me that an
upgrade was available.

When I clicked on the bubble it started the upgrade, but immediately
failed with a dialog telling me to download the VS 2010 C++ runtime, and
an URL to do so with.

I clicked "OK" (or whatever), with the intention to look at it later.

Today I tried to make squeeze server update itself, and it informed me
that there are no available upgrades.

When I look at http://www.mysqueezebox.com/download I see that 7.7.1 is
available.

How should I proceed?  Should I download 7.7.1 and install it?  Will it
be able to upgrade the existing installation and keep the settings?  Or
is there a different way I can persuade the existing installation to
upgrade itself?  Or is 7.7.1 something I should stay away from
altogether? (like eg. 7.6.0 was...?)

Thanks!

- Steinar