jmx;692236 Wrote:
> I'm starting to catch on.
>
> So with the SBTouch, LMS won't need to transcode 24/96, but will
> transcode anything above that (eg. 24/192).
>
> Does SoX need a lot of mem or CPU? I have a 2GB Win7 dell zino as my
> server.
>
> I'm interested in seeing if I can tell the diff between a downsampled
> 24/96 and one that is decoded natively.
>
> The bottom line is this: will 24/96 content sound better on a SBT or a
> SB3?
>
> fwiw, speakers are on the way
>
> Thanks for the info!
> - jmx

Your computer will be fine for SOX. Just try playing a 24/96 track
right now - it should handle it automatically unless you've done any
silly "fiddling" with LMS File Type settings...

All content sounds better on a Touch than the SB3 (a bit better - not
life-changing!)
+++++ What Soulkeeper said.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.