JENCDK;692835 Wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have an odd problem or is overlooking something, when setting tags on
> my music.
>
> According to the "Various Artists" logic described here:
> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/VariousArtistsLogic
> it goes that: "If a file has explicit 'ALBUMARTIST' tags the server
> recognizes, it will NEVER be classified as a comp/VA album"
>
> In more occasions I have albums where I use the ALBUMARTIST tag to
> avoid the Various Artists functionality to come in use. As i do not
> want this.
> In the enclosed screenshot, the bottom one, is an example where it
> works like a charm and acts like it should and does not make use of the
> squeezebox Various Artists functionality.
>
> The album has more different artists. But one Album name. And by
> defining one Album Artists name, it does not become a Various Artists,
> and I'm happy :-)
>
> But then I have another example. Again with more different Artists, and
> again one Album name. And one Album Artists name. But this errornously
> becomes and Various Artists listing in My Music, e.g. under Artists.
> See enclosed example, the top one.
>
> - Why does this happen. What I'm I overlooking?
>
> It does comply to the "If a file has explicit 'ALBUMARTIST' tags the
> server recognizes, it will NEVER be classified as a comp/VA album"
> rule
>
> ... that is, unless the "...the server recognizes..." could be the
> cause? Does anyone know what is meant by this?
>
> All my music does not have a COMP tag. Neither 0 nor 1. It is blank.
>
> And before you suggest using COMP=0 I do not want to use this, as this
> will make all the individual artists of the album appear in the My
> Music > Artists  list, which I don't want. I only want to have my
> "major" artists there.
>
> Heeeelp please.
>
> FYI: I'm in Denmark, and in the screenshots Titel = Title,
> Kunster=Artists, Album Kunster = Album Artists
>
> Kind regards
> Jens

This is clearly a case of the tag comparison variables in the current
language not agreeing with the value of the tracks' tags. Based-on the
screen image, this can only be a recognition problem because the data
is indisputable.

<of course, the JPark Error is : "stop looking when you think you've
found everything">

--
pski

real stereo doesn't just wake the neighbors, it -enrages- them.. It is
truly the Golden Age of Wireless