The easiest way of all requires making a pact with the devil....

I converted from flac to apple lossless (yeah, yeah, get over it, and
yes I did keep a backup copy). Everything is now in iTunes. Any stuff I
want to buy can be ripped into lossless, but to be honest, life's too
short and I don't listen in such a critical environment, so most of it
is downloaded, and from itms, so yes, a bit lossy (and doubtless
ruinously expensive etc). Anyway, what it means is that I can buy a
song on my iphone (or wife's iphone) and it will automatically be added
to the library and magically appear on LMS. I can't tell you how much
hassle that saves me.

--
xio