Labarum wrote:
> Thank you, you state the general issues. I asked how the proposal
> affects the older and newer products differently.
>
> I think the older and newer products depend differently on
> mysqueezebox.com, and I think the older products have more elements of
> the firmware that would remain outside the public domain; if I have read
> correctly.
None of the firmware for the real slim devices have ever been open
source I believe and it's not likely to change, for the fatter devices
(Touch, Radio and possibly Controller) some source is available, some
isn't. For the older products we can pretty much forget a third party
FW, for the more recent devices it's technically not trivial (legal
issues aside) and I rather doubt there will ever be a third party FW
based on Logitech sources.

In short, there are differences in that respece but I doubt they have
any practical consequences.