toby10 wrote:
> Very rarely do I see Sonos in use, I think I've come across two in my
> travels.  But a I've seen many Sonos systems at retail stores, US and
> abroad.

agree. I only know one person that has a sonos.  Almost everyone I know
is an "ipod/iphone" in a speaker doc person.  My friends that are
obsessive about music like me are primarily in the "I listen to albums
one at a time" and they spent many years fighting the "vinyl albums are
so much better than CDs" phobia. They are now very much into their very
large CD collections but not digital files.  One friend has just now
started creating some m4a versions for his iphone to use while
travelling.  When I try to explain, "rip once, rip right, use dbpa to
create FLAC, be systematic with tagging, then create lossy versions for
your phone/ipod anytime you want" his eyes just glaze over.... He'll get
there eventually.