jhonsber...@msn.com wrote:
> The point is in hindsight ,the sale of Slim devices to Logitech was a
> terrible fit .
>
> Would you or anyone on this forum  disagree with that ? Would a single
> top exec from Slim Devices disagree with that
> At the present time ?

It made a great deal of sense at the time of the sale.  SB is a computer
based network consumer device, exactly what Logitech does.  Add in
Logitech's existing worldwide distribution channels of technology and it
really makes sense.  The fact they botched it through poor marketing and
numerous management reshuffles is where they went astray.

For SlimDevices it obviously made sense as well, or they would not have
sold it.  As to the real (or most compelling) reason why?  Who knows.
Maybe it was as simple as the fact that Logitech brought the largest
wallet to the table.  My guess is that this garage startup company
(SlimDevices) was stretched to the max in resources competing globally
against some very big goliaths (like Logitech) and it was one of three
options for them.  1)  Sell.   2)  Get a large cash infusion and double
down  3)  Let it die a slow death.

The real reasons are only known to the parties involved.  Maybe Sean
just wanted to go fishing.  :)