firedog wrote:
> The whole point of the new software is to eliminate the local server. So
> features like local synch of local music files, and random play go out
> the window. I think for the future customers of Logitech this makes
> sense; it just doesn't work for the existing SB customers. If you are
> basing your architecture on the cloud and the assumption that users are
> accessing your software with a wireless device like a phone or a tablet,
> then there isn't much of an incentive to have audiophile SQ and
> features.

Indeed, and the provision of a device with digital audio out may make
some of the companies operating on-line streaming services more nervous
about agreeing to work with the new system.  Even though content owners
have relented on some aspects of DRM they would still prefer for there
to be no way to obtain a flawless digital copy of their content.

So why would Logitech develop a riskier product that has much more
limited appeal than something like the radio?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2