"bpa wrote:
> A raspberry Pi solution means a case, psu, wifi etc has to be sourced
> and so could be a lot of hassle and not for many end users.
> .

Well, actually all of the places which sell the Pi, also sell them with
cases,psu, sd card etc.. You just pay a few pounds more.  I have a bare
bones raspbian image with squeezeslave running automatically on startup.
Anyone that wants it, just yell.  You can have a Pi based player
running with zero Linux knowledge for probably about £45.  Not for
everyone of course, particularly with no spoof at the moment, but good
to have options.