Mnyb wrote:
> Thats another problem due to that slimp3 and sb1 have much smaller
> buffers , I can see it be a bit problematic to make syncing code that
> works perfect in this scenario .
> It gets compounded by LMS transcoding in many instances as slimp3 don't
> support that many file formats loading the server more , in many cases
> it's going to be wav thats gets streamed which makes for a higher
> bandwidth use and the buffer gets even smaller (in how many seconds of
> music it stores ).
> I can see wifi having further negative influence here  too .

Sure; but in a situation when both players are wired and only mp3 is
streaming?

It's not actually a pure sync problem. The synchronization is pretty
solid once it's established, but it sometimes hesitates when it starts,
then often stops between tracks. I can usually get it going again by
skipping backwards and forwards between tracks, but I shouldn't need to.
After living with this for months and spending some time trying to
interpret the masses of debugging output (which to me looks like a
project abandoned partway through due to lack of interest), I decided to
replace my lovely precious SliMP3s with some other Squeezeboxen. Just a
couple of weeks before The Announcement.

If SliMP3 sync is broken, I'm guessing squeezeslave is, too.