kidstypike wrote:
> On a windows install there does *NOT* appear to be any way of getting to
> the "Settings" web interface, unless you are savvy enough to know your
> server IP address, and that the port no is 3546.
Then again, is there any tangible benefit in using the web interface for
configuration on a Win/OSX install? It's all about making things
manageable for the person more interested in just listening as opposed
to tinkering. Even though I use the web interface occasionally, partly
because I now run the server on Linux and partly since old habits die
hard, but on my Windows install I found the control panel interface to
work just as good if not better. It should be far easier for a complete
newbie to come to terms with since the interface is essentially the same
as for all other configuration tasks on your OS platform of choice.