MeSue wrote:
> I got a thing in my email about Rhapsody's new Cloud Sync app that
> matches your local music with your Rhapsody library. Sounded good to me
> so I installed and kicked it off before going to bed. Then I browsed my
> Rhapsody library on Squeezebox and here it is all cluttered up with my
> local music. Ummm... Not really what I was expecting. So, fellow
> Rhapsody users, consider yourself warned. I'll have to investigate
> tomorrow to see if it's easily undo-able.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "... all mixed up with my local
music."?  My expectation is that once Rhapsody has synced your local
music collection, My Library on Rhapsody would display
Albums/Artists/Tracks from both your local music library and your
previously existing Rhapsody library all together, probably with no
visual indication of the difference.  Is that what happens?  Does it
browse differently when going through LMS vs. browsing through
Rhapsody's web interface?

My biggest hesitation in doing this is that Rhapsody's really minimal,
under-featured browsing capabilities would make browsing my moderately
large collection unbearable.  Having been spoiled by the library
browsing tools in LMS (especially w/ some 3rd party plugins) it's quite
hard to have to work with the under-powered systems most other systems,
like Rhapsody, have.  I also wonder what Rhapsody does with all your tag
information -- almost certainly ignores it completely.  That means that
the Genre tag for your local music will get set to whatever genre
Rhapsody has for that file.  I find Rhapsody's genres to be next to
useless, and it means all that hard work tagging my music goes to
waste.

Any comments you have on your experience would be appreciated.