ModelCitizen wrote:
> I think you'll find that most here think that Logitech's decision to
> make the functionality of their players so heavily dependent on MSB was
> an atrocious one.
>
> At the time they made it (during development of the duet, radio?) All
> the beta testers advised against it. I don't think that anyone save some
> stupid Logitech manager thought it was a good idea.
>
> However it is the sort of short-sighted, short-term,
> immediate-revenue-led decision we have come to expect from this mediocre
> company.

+1

IMHO the abandonment of squeezebox is a decision based on how the
product line is doing generally, but how the product line is doing
generally is a function of poor management and decisions taken with the
line since Logitech took it over. Particularly the quality of the
software. I dunno even how my boxes are supposed to work anymore, I just
press buttons and hope it does what I think it should.

If this happened to UE, I am sure there'll be a lot going back to the
shop. Maybe the UE central software whatever-it-is is a lot more
reliable but seeing as logitech failed to make MSB reliable/userfriendly
(and their solution was to abandon!?) I am sure UE will be a similar
mess.