Mnyb wrote:

> Yes it will , if the central server goes down it's dead for everyone if
> it runs locally on everyone's server a failure only affects one machine
> , the slow death of lack maintainnance is another issue .

Correct, but it would really just make it work a bit longer, if it's not
maintained it's going to break eventually, it's just a matter of time.
The advantage of being able to play music without a computer powered on
is big for most people, because most people are getting tablets and
wireless connected laptops these days and neither is really optimized
for usage as a local server.

Mnyb wrote:

> Tune in may have been a bad example if they as you say don't allow
> access to thier API without NDA and other draconian measures.

Most streaming services I've looked at requires a NDA if Logitech would
do it, the reason is that some allows non commercial usage without a
NDA, but if Logitech or some other company earning money on music
streaming equipment does it it's going to be considered commercial and
would need a NDA. An free plugin by an individual third party developer
would probably not be considered to be commercial and would be possible
without a NDA if the streaming service have a public API available.
TuneIn only expose its official API to commercial partners, but as
mentioned by others previously in the thread some TuneIn streams might
work without mysqueezebox.com as I've understood it.