> One thing: do you always read the full artwork? You are aware that the
> server can resize it for you? The thumbnails don't render very well on
> my Nexus 7 right now.

For thumbnails, we use URL's like this whenever possible:

http://192.168.0.2:9000/music/6df5a901/cover_128xX_p.jpg

In my experience, this doesn't actually return .jpg, but either .jpg,
.png, whatever, depending on what format you've got on the server. Once
saved locally we render them unscaled.

Is it album artwork, radio artwork, or what? For some artwork (like
remote thumbnails from MOG), we load the thumbnails from the remote
server (a non-Logitech server) and scale locally. Because some of the
images are *huge* coming inbound from the network, we resample first at
~double the desired resolution to avoid overflowing the device heap
(pretty easy to do), then scale the resulting image to our exact
requirements.