First: you say "SqueezeCenter". Which version do you use? IPeng does NOT
work with Slimserver 6.x... "SqueezeCenter" should mean 7.x, though.

You can indeed configure your IP address manually in iPeng (not in iPeng
Party) but you really shouldn't have to unless you've got an exotic
network configuration that requires routing.
Could I ask for the IP address of your iPhone and SqueezeCenter? You can
mail me under coolio att penguinlovesmusic dott com if you prefer that.

What do you see in iPeng Party if you tap the title bar (where it shows
"no player found")?