pallfreeman wrote:
> XBMC has squeezebox plugins. The controller/artwork display is OK, but
> the player is just a squeezeslave. The showstopper for me was that it
> grabs the audio output and doesn't integrate nicely with the psychedelic
> visualiser. If that worked I'd probably be using it instead of my
> Chumby.
>
> I could live without the hardware, but LMS is what I'll miss most,
> assuming the worst.

XBMC with the new AudioEngine can output 24/96, which is what I want.
This made me look. XBMC has also shown impressive community development
power. And it'll do both music and movies. Now, I expect multiroom will
come. How could it not? There are already threads on the XBMC forums for
that. As for the services, that may be more tricky, although it seems
(after just a brief search) there are at least Spotify plug ins.