The PogoPlug I'm using has a Marvell Kirkwood 1.2GHz (ARM) processor and
256 GB memory. You could run LMS on it if you wanted. I'm using
squeezeplug as a base OS so this would be very easy to do.

I never recommend running LMS on a unit like this becasue of problems
with rebuilding a your libary, WMA playback, Spotify etc. Your much
better off haveing a VortexBox and use the VAMP as a player only.

As for wifi this would be required to make this a true replacement for
the SqueezeBox. This unit does not have wifi so you will need to use
something like a HomePlug adapter for now. I consider HomePlug more
reliable then wifi but that is a discussion for another thread! I have a
small wifi dongle that cost $8. I will be writing more articles about
the VAMP and I may write one on wifi enabling it.

I'm sorry the pogo is not available in Europe. Maybe I'll find a cheap
way to ship them there! I would love to base the VAMP off something that
is more widely available worldwide. I looked at the Pi but you need a
case for it. That can cost almost as much as the unit for a nice one.
Also only one USB port. The Pogo has 4 usb ports and comes in a nice
case already for under $20!