garym wrote:
> I assume olive_media represents olive in some way. That's good...I'm
> happy to see you here. As you'll find, there are lots of people here
> that are serious about use of network music streamers in good (or
> great!) audio systems. I have often said I would pay 10 times what I
> paid for a SB TOUCH if it had the same or better functions/quality.
>
> The Olive ONE looks like an interesting product. Sort of a SB Boom that
> you add your own speakers to.  I'm sure there is a market for that.  And
> I'd even want that as a *part* of a whole house system.  However, I hope
> OLIVE is considering additional products, as the OLIVE ONE would not
> meet my key criteria.  To summarize my criteria:
>
> 1. At least one type Player without amp/speakers that I can connect to
> my DAC via either S/PDIF coax, optical, or USB.  Preferably all 3
> options for digital out. Would also have built in DAC so that users can
> simply connect to preamp/amp with analog.  That is, something like the
> Squeezebox TOUCH.   (nice addition, ability to plug in cable for
> automatically turning on/off another component)
> 2. At least one type player that can serve as a table or bedside radio
> (with built in physical controls and display). That is, something like
> the Squeezebox Radio or Boom.
> 3. [ Nice, but not required] A very high quality networked player with
> built in high quality DAC, high quality build and components, all
> digital outs, analog outs, plus BALANCED analog outs. That is, something
> like the TRANSPORTER (nice addition, wired plug in cable for ability to
> turn on/off another component)
> 4. Possibility of perfect synching across different players in same
> network.
> 5. Support of many codecs (FLAC, mp3, m4a, AAC, ALAC, WAV, etc.).
> 6. Support of at least 24/96, 24/192 better.
> 7. Good implementation of digital volume control
> 8. Support of Gapless playback
> 9. Reasonable database management (must handle large libraries > 200,000
> tracks)
> 10. Reasonable artwork management
> 11. Playlist functions (preferably some sort of smart playlist ability)
> 12. Ability to use smart phones or tablets to control everything
> 13. Ability to provide scrobbling data to last.fm.
> 14. Mechanism for connecting to free (pandora, etc.) and paid services
> (MOG, Spotify, SiriusXM, etc.). This would be something like
> mysqueezebox.com.
>
> Yes, with some minor things missing, this describes the Squeezebox line
> at its heyday. Don't take this as nostalgia. I'm not wedded to SB items,
> but I am wedded to the functionality provided. I look forward to some
> quality products from Olive. I *almost* bought an OLIVE digital music
> player many years ago and have always thought of Olive as a good
> company.
>
> [I also sent this info in an email to:  i...@olivehd.com]

+1

That would be nice agrred .

Further ideas ,digital only streamer whose AV equipment is not best
served by a digital signal anyway .
hdmi out and capability of >= 5.1 FLAC of arbitrary resolution .

A pad app who can edit file tag data (this can for various reasons not
easily be safely implemented in our current system)

Re 11. good playlist functions the biggest hole in the current line up ,
not only smart list but the ability to edit one normal playlist .