On 1/1/2013 10:15 PM, agillis wrote:

There has been a lot of discussion in this forum about a replacement for
the SqueezeBox. I worked on this problem over the holiday and I think I
came up with a good solution. Using a low cost ARM based system I was
able to build a box that basically does everything the SqueezeBox does
for under $30. Even a unit with analog and optical/COAX SPDIF out can be
built for under $60.

http://vortexbox.org/content/149-Logitech-SqueezeBox-replacement-for-under-30
com/mailman/listinfo/discuss

Great project! I ordered the components right after I read this post (PogoPlug and USB DAC) and finished the installation when the DAC arrived today.

VAMP showed up immediately as a player on LMS and iPeng, and it works the same as any headless Squeezebox.

Perhaps I should sell my Duet...

I see that the box is running Apache, and I was able to view an audio device status page in my browser. Do you plan to add web control of any of the functions?

--
Bill