It's not being transcoded.  If it was, you would see something in the
bit rate indicating it was transcoded.  You might also see something in
the file format information.

Are you sure you have the bandwidth to support playing FLAC over the
internet?  You need to have enough bandwidth on both the server and
client side.  I always transcoded until I upgraded to cable from DSL.

OK, I just tried it out myself.  When you click on the song title and
see the song info on the left hand side, it will say something like this
if it is being converted:
Bitrate 930kbps VBR (Converted to 320kbps MP3)