These past days I had been thinking of changing over to Sonos, since at
the moment one can get good money for SBs and I wanted to invest into a
living infrastructure.

There had also been troubles and frustration with my SBs, but as I found
out they were mainly caused by my LMS on a low power device.

I bought a Sonos connect and it is a great device.

But then after a while I realized what I would miss changing over. So in
a way it started a new love story with my SBs and I remembered why I had
chosen the SB system instead of Sonos years ago.
Seeing that there really is development going on in this forum, that
will let me expand my SB setup and - should a device die - replace it
with a "homegrown" SB.

So in other words, it is sometimes good to look around for new stuff,
because it makes you realize what you have got.