andyg wrote:
> Hi everyone. Unsurprisingly, the other shoe began to drop today with
> Logitech laying off a handful of folks within the team, including
> myself. I haven't read through very much of this thread but I wanted to
> say that I am very pleased to see this effort in finding a way forward
> in the post-Logitech world, and I had no doubt this great community
> would already be on top of things here. :)

Sorry to hear that...
To me this is a sign that they also don't have any faith in the
smartradio concept and that it will be abandoned within a very short
period.... as I already predicted...

> A couple of changes I was thinking of implementing involve removing
> MySqueezebox.com support from the ip3k firmware, SqueezePlay, and LMS. I
> do not know what Logitech plans to do with MySB but it is just a matter
> of time before either they stop funding it, or it breaks with no one to
> fix it. Sadly most music services will have to be removed, but Triode's
> Spotify plugin shows it might be possible for the community to
> reimplement some of them, if they have public documentation.

Would it be possible to somehow make this configurable (somewhere during
the setup ask for an url/hostname). In that case we could setup a
community replacement for Mysqueezebox.com... But I'm not sure if we
really would need it looking at Triode's Spotify plugin...

> As for Smart Radio, personally I'd like to see those devices allowed to
> become SB Radios if Logitech decides to stop supporting the
> uesmartradio.com backend. Unfortunately Logitech controls distribution
> of the SR firmware so this will require cooperation from them. I would
> recommend not investing any time into supporting Smart Radio.
I don't think anyone here would buy a crippled Squeezebox Radio...