JohnSwenson wrote:
> People could be confused, the OTG port looks exactly like the "micro
> power USB" port, they are physically identical. Someone could plug the
> OTG port into a charger and nothing happens, or plug the charger port
> into a computer and expect it to be a USB DAC and nothing happens.
>
> We can label one power and the other data, but there are still people
> that don't read labels on the back panel. All the other jacks have a
> unique function for the type of jack, this would be the exception where
> two physically identical jacks have different functions.
>
> That brings up another issue, do we want labels on the back pannel, and
> if yes, should they be text or icons, and if text what language.
>
> Most of the jacks should be pretty obvious to anybody who will be  using
> this device:
>
> RJ-45 for ethernet
> USB type A jack for USB host
> RCA jacks for analog
> 3.5mm for headphone
> TOSLINK jack for optical S/PDIF
> HDMI jack for HDMI
> Standard barrel jack for power
> BNC for coax S/PDF
>
> The only one I see as a little unusual  is the BNC for coax S/PDIF
>
> Then we have a micro USB for data (to use as a USB DAC) and a USB micro
> for power.
>
> John S.

So there ar both a barrel and a USB micro for power ,thats confusing
make it be the barrel only imho .

That USB host and USB data are different and have different functions
,can make it confusion and thus you may need labels otherwise all other
functions are self explanatory .

I'm I bit naive to expext an USB connector to actually have all/same
functionality as any other USB connector on the same product if thats
not the case marking is needed .
If there was two unmarked USB connectors I would immediately assume that
they where interchangeable and i could put a hardrive or dac in any of
them .