I gather the Squeezebox and the Transporter and the like are now dead.
It's shockingly hard to believe, that Logitech would just abandon this
line which seems successful to me. The perfect scenario would be if they
sold off the division to another company.

My transporter (and Squeezebox) are not able to read some Pro Tools
24-bit wav files due to some field in the header. They won't even see
the files as legitimate WAVs, which is sad, because the software should
be smart enough to present the file as a playable candidate. It has
sample rate and wordlength information, etc. I even know what the field
is if anyone is still working on the server software. Is development
basically stopped?

What would be the next step for me to run a player (either this player
or another one), besides giving a funeral to what will soon become an
expensive boat anchor (two of them)? Other companies make players, is
there software for those servers which is still being developed and
which I could run instead?

Thanks everyone for your help throughout the years. We solved a few
problems here and I'm eternally grateful. My Transporter still works and
plays files off of the Logitech media server.... it would be wonderful
if I could keep it running.

Yeah, I can play music from iTunes, JRiver and other computer-based
players. I don't even need the server software as I just access folders
on the network. Is this the future, just computer-based players? No more
"standalone"?

Regards,

Bob Katz