dasmueller wrote:
> 1. For the novice non techie person running a Windows 7 or 8 system, a
> Mac system, is this going to be a reasonably easy setup process to
> utilize what appears to be a nice new assembly of both hardware and
> software ?  I certainly learned a great deal here before buying my 1st
> Touch but am not sure I want to learn a new computer operating system in
> order to use what folks are working on-this all appears to be Linux
> based of which I know nothing as I would guess many others do not as
> well.

Should be easy. It will use the existing LMS server software and should
behave like most Squeezeboxes.

> 2. From a hardware perspective are we looking a something that can be
> used w an existing network without the need for additional
> monitors/smartphones etc. ?

It won't have a built-in display, so you'll need some other way to
control the player across the network. That could be a smartphone or
tablet, but it doesn't have to be. It could be controlled through the
web interface of LMS, or you could use your Touch (you can point the
Touch's user interface at any Squeezebox player on your network).