> This thread had the same error message
>  http://forums.slimdevices.com/archive/index.php/t-94262.html

> It looks like Triode thinks this message is firewall related.
> When I opened the firewall on Windows 8, and selected the "open for app
> or function" (freely translated from the Norwegian text in the Norwegian
> Win8 install), there were two entries for Spotify in there.

The first of the two Spotify entries, was:
 C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\spotify.exe

The second of the two Spotify entries, was:
 C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\SpotifyWebHelper.exe

But there was no Spotifyd.exe that I could see anywhere.

There was an "Add another app..." button.  When I clicked on that there
was a list of Apps that could be added.  There was one Spotify entry,
bit that was
 C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\SpotifyLauncher.exe
and that didn't seem right either.

There was a "Browse..." button, and I tried browsing for the
spotifyd.exe file.  I first tried
 C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\Server\Plugins
but that was an empty directory.

Ah... found it in

C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\Spotify\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\spotifyd.exe

Opened that executable for "Private", and music immediately started
playing from the top 100 list.

Thanks google, for your great assistance! :-)

- Steinar