Sure. But even before that happened 75% of Android users never ever paid
for an App, not sure that gets better with moving towards the cheaper
end of the market...
But then I don't really know. What I do know, though, is that even on
iOS almost nobody really makes money with Apps themselves (outside of
games; I'm talking about App revenue as opposed to contracting or having
an App that supports a broader business) and those who do are usually
independent developers, rarely do you have enough revenue to support a
whole company.
All Android developers I know still tell me, things are much worse on
Android and if you want to make any money go free and Adds instead of
selling.
Add to that the very niche characteristic of the Squeezebox market and I
don't think anybody is in there for the money alone.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
*New: Logitech UE Smart Radio* as well as iPeng Party, the free
Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com