Hello,
Yes there is nothing at the price point that can touch the squeezebook
line.  I would help where I could, as a non-geek who struggled with it
until I learned it.  I can contribute some FAQ type of answers and
questions plus maybe money if a business plan was worked out.  How much
to just buy the product line form Logitech? They care nothing about it.

Thanks,
John

With all of the recent developments with Logitech and the end of the
squeezebox line I feel as this community has been unfairly ignored.
This community of audiophiles, software developers, engineers, DIY
builders, and lovers of music is very strong.  Many of you have been
users of the squeezebox products since slimdevices.  With Triode's EDO
and squeezelite developments, the community behind Vortexbox (Agillis),
Erland, Pippin, and all other developers/groups and enthusiasts that
dedicate all of their free time to this product, I have been thinking we
should start a crowd (community) funded product similar to the Olive One
to develop and build a squeezebox replacement.

Sure, the Pi, Pogoplug and other hardware have bits and pieces that we
can hack into a working player but it is NOT what we really want or
need.   I would say as a community, this forum has more experience and
insight into what the next product should look like than any other up
and coming product (Olive One).  We not only have ideas, but users that
are willing to invest time and effort for no other reason then to better
an already wonderful product.

So my question to everyone is simple......if there was a community
funded project, would you invest your time?  Would you invest
monetarily?  We all have different strengths and as a community I think
we could really design one hell of a product.

Maybe I am wrong, but I truly do feel other users want to see this
continue.  If you do, please post what you would be willing to
contribute.  Personally I would be willing to help in anyway possible.
I am an entrepreneur and software developer by day and DIY audiophile
lover by night.

--Dustin