A year ago when I first read that Logitech had pulled the plug I was
running a single Squeezebox Duet on a NetGear ReadyNAS Duo with 2TB of
storage in my living room. The discontinuation of the line caused me to
upgrade to a Squeezebox Touch and I upgraded my NAS to a NetGear Ultra 2
with 4TB of storage. I now have a more powerful system and I doubled the
amount of storage. I've since installed a second zone in the bedroom
with the Duet and I bought a second Touch on sale a week after the
product was cancelled, and I'm holding onto that as a backup.

So a year later, I have a faster, more robust system with double the
storage. I've upgraded to 7.8 and with the Smartmix and Music & Artist
Information plugins the system is significantly improved over what was
available when Logitech pulled the plug.

Location 1: ReadyNAS Ultra 2 4TB > LMS 7.8.0 > 1 Touch, 1 Duet
Controller: Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 >Orange Squeeze
Music: Ripping (FLAC) dbpoweramp, Tagging: mp3tag