garym wrote:
> One more data point. I sync several real squeezebox players (including
> one setup where there are two systems in the same large room, where
> being "off" would be very noticeable). They are rock solid with no
> skips, hiccups, or drifting off sync.

Same here. I have a duet, touch and classic that are usually synced, all
three of which are often within earshot of one another. I had some
problems in my earlier SB years getting perfect synchronization, but
somewhere in or around version 7.0 the company finally got it right.
It's been quite some time since I have experienced any drift.

That is among my biggest concerns switching to another system, or
replacing a dead SB with a software/homemade setup.

2-SB3s, 1-Duet, 1-Touch...and an iPeng convert.