gstew wrote:
> And thanks for your response, JackOfAll.
>
> One question I have about bit-perfect streams from the CSP... isn't the
> intent of the device (Wandboard + CSPx) to use SOX resampling to
> upsample the stream to 384 (or was it 352?) and bypass the digital
> filter in the DAC chips? Doesn't this break bit-perfect?
>
> And also, in the carrier board, isn't the digital signal processed into
> inverted phase to supply the DAC providing the - pins on the XLR
> balanced output? So the inversion is already being done in the
> processing on the CSPx.
>
> Given these, I'm curious why my request is a big deal?
>
> Greg in Mississippi

Depend on where they do it and where digital outs take their stream and
where it would be possible to have an inversion . the sox resampling may
actually only be for the dac John will implement in the carrierboard ?

THAT IN ITSELF IS AN INTERESTING QUESTION QUESTION AS THE CLASSICAL
SQUEEZEBOX AS WE NOW THEM HAVE ALL OUTPUTS ACTIVE AT THE SAME TIME ?
DIGITAL ANALOG AND HEADPHONE ? WILL THIS BE THE SAME ?

Only Jack ,John or Triode can answer how much of big deal it is , as a
server setting I -guess- some work, you can probably have an inversion
parameter that you could switch into the string SoX uses.

But if you want a front panel button or ir -controll button that does it
,then I -guess- its more involved .

Specification creep is another issue , imo as simple as possible it's a
very small crew it's to much work to cater to everyone’s wishes (I have
a couple I could throw into it too :) I'l be impressed if they manage as
it is ).

But in file based system problems with the files are best fixed in the
files themself . It's another thing if you play CD's straight to a DAC
.
So there is an easy fix to your issue that you can apply rigth now
already .

Sorry for crashing the tread Jack .imo Its not really OT as I think it's
a useless setting/function to introduce 1. it can be fixed elsewhere and
if only a few persons want it this is the best 2. The reasons that are
OT to this tread .

But in the end of the day the guys that do the hard work decides what
goes into to this . Anyway I will buy one as soon as I'm offered the
opportunity :) even if I have all the squeezeboxes i need and spares
too.

This is my last post re phase switch (to not further spam the tread )

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)