ModelCitizen wrote:
> You do need to factor in the programming required.
That may well have been the larger share of the cost, but a lot of that
was probably easy to spin off from the beginnings of SqueezeOS on the SB
Controller.

ModelCitizen wrote:
> But the main point is not the cost. The main point is that the inclusion
> of a touch screen so closely tethered to a HiFi virtually everyone who
> would want one already had a hand held controller in the shape of a
> smart phone seemed a bit misguided.
And then there are those of us for whom the smartphone is a Blackberry
-- still no good controller apps out there yet for the BB, although I
suppose BB10 takes some Android ports. Since getting an iPad I don't use
the touchscreen as much, but I have used it a surprising amount, even
after getting an iPod touch specifically for the purpose of controlling
my SBs.