toby10 wrote:
> Sure sounds like you have network gremlins here.
> Checked for duplicate IP's?  Checked that PC/LMS IP is same when it
> first boots up and when it does WOL?
>
> In router settings make sure:
> -  max # of allowed devices has not been exceeded
> -  set to a fixed WiFi ch of 1 or 6 or 11 (not set to auto which could
> keep changing ch's)
> -  your router name/SSID is unique to only your router (i.e. neighbors
> SSID is not same as yours)
> -  turn off Guest Network (if present)
> -  set router to G only (turns off a & b), or set to G+N if you use any
> N WiFi devices
> -  set router lease time to it's maximum (usually 999 hours)
>
> If player won't connect to server (but does get an IP) try connecting
> player to MySB.com first then switch player back to LMS server.

good advice. Also make sure your SSID is not "hidden" (router setting).
Hiding SSID provides no security but can sometimes create problems.

Also, why the need to turn off modem/router all the time?  I leave mine
on 24/7 for years at a time.  If you are going to turn on/off router, I
think that having true fixed IP addresses for all your players is a good
idea, as connecting/finding IP addresses has fewer steps if they have
static IP addresses.

*Location 1:* VortexBox 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S (iPeng), iPad2 (iPengHD & SqueezePad),
CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Spotify