Yesfan70 wrote:
> I have a 3 Squeeze boxes (two v3 and one original), but have thought
> about adding a "higher end" player to my home theater room. I've always
> wanted the Transporter, but the Touch looks like a great player as well.
> Is there any advantages of one over the other?
>

> On another note, is there a chance another company might pick up the
> Squeezebox players and continue to sell them? I hate that Logitech
> pulled the plug on these wonderful players.
>

> Thanks everbody.

If you can get your fingers in a Transporter then do that. It is build
rock solid with high quality components. The Touch is "toy" electronics
compared to the Transporter.
The DAC in the Transporter sounds awesome. It is not the newest anymore
and there is a lot of DAC's on the market now. Most of them may sound
different, but do the sound BETTER.... ?
You shall have a very fine setup before your Transporter will be "The
weak link". And to me it still looks awesome :)

Callesoroe
Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan
Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma
PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
Kitchen: SB-duet, Beresford TC7510 DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp
speakers.