That 12v 2.5W  PSU at Mouser works out at a total of €43.37 !

I've realised that the Radio PSU is 18v and has the same sized barrel
connector and, although it's only 1.0 amp the Boom seems to sound OK
with.

Not much of a solution though.

I can't seem to find anyone whom can sell me a single 18v 1.67 amp
Phihong PSC30R-180 or a 12v 2.5 amp one for a decent price. And not one
seems to have a barrel plus with an outside diameter of 5mm (and no, I
am not able to work out what the internal diameter is!).

Bit of a bummer really.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known
Last.fm/user/ModelCitizen