pippin wrote:
> Aren't the presets also just showing in "Favorites"?
> I believe all presets are stored as favorites.
>
> Apart from that... iPeng 7 might get a presets UI in the future, not
> decided but there's a specific reason it might have to. It's not
> decided, yet, though.
>
> Generally, the problem with having presets directly in the UI is that
> they clutter up the interface and make access for anything else more
> complicated while most people don't really use Apps for very simple
> tasks because using an App always has the overhead of unlocking the
> screen, starting the App, maybe selecting the player... Can take much
> longer than just tapping the button on the device, no matter how quickly
> accessible any preset button in the App would be.

I'm not so sure of that favorites are globally server specific and is
the same list on every player on your LMS server .
Presets are player specific and tied to the numbered buttons on a Radio
, you can not see them in the web-UI but they are in the prefs.file .
You can ofcourse have a favorite as preset .
And yes both presets and favourite are also server specific you can have
different ones on mysb.com and any of the LMS you run

In the old days favourites where tied to numbered buttons on the ir
remote for SB3 .
But since the introduction of presets I don't know what you get on an
SB3 , it's broken on Touch ( there is a workaround I think ).

I no longer reckon how a boom behaves with favourites vs presets if you
use an SB3 or Touch remote ?

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4