Lestrad wrote:
> Hello. I Have a Squeezebox Touch in the listening room - the only player
> on the network. My music collection is located on a NAS, on which LMS is
> installed. I've installed SqueezePlay on my PC (Windows 7 x64) in my
> office and synchronized it with the Touch in LMS so that I can listen to
> the same music on both rooms. The problem is that since I've installed
> SqueezePlay and synchronized, at random points in a song the players
> suddenly stop and jump to the end of the last file in the play list.
> I've tried three albums so far and it's happened twice. Do you have any
> idea how I can find the cause of the problem?
>
> Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this - I tried your version to
> see if it would make a difference, but alas it hasn't.
>
> Anyway thanks for your work. If I could get it to work it would be
> great.
> ---------------
> (Later) It just happened again and immediately afterwards the NAS was
> unreachable on the network. So the behavior might be related to
> something interrupting the connection to the network - like an
> antivirus. I'm looking into it and will report back.
> (Still later) It seems that Avast Webshield, which I have installed, is
> responsible. A solution is referenced here:
> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144058.0
> I added the lines to the .ini as instructed and it seems to have worked.

I've had similar problems withe Squeezeplay on two different Windows 7
x64 laptops. One has been attached to my home theatre system and
installed for nearly 4-years without problem. The only things that get
changed are Windows Update, and the latest Avast antivirus. The other
player is on my work issued laptop, Windows 7 x64, this time protected
by McAfee. Both are only ever used on a private home network, with
either radio or mp3/music from a NetGear ReadyNAS LMS.

Both are syncronized in a ring with 4x Logitech hardware players. I
mostly only use the worklaptop as a remote when I'm sat out on the front
porch, I started it tonight, and the syncronized music started playing
on the lpatop, but the player wouldnt connect to the LMS. I had to add
security rules for both players in order to get them to work.

FYI, somethings changed in both Antivirus programs to make this happen.