Dogberry2 wrote:
> That's odd. They should sync perfectly. I have a variety of devices all
> over the house (2 Receivers, 2 Radios, 2 Touches, 3 Booms), all
> connected via WiFi, and I routinely have at least 4 or 5 playing in sync
> (and at times have had all 9), sometimes for several hours, with no
> glitches. On weekends there are often two Receivers, a Touch, Radio and
> Boom all playing in sync all day. If yours were cabled and still didn't
> sync, I wonder if there might be a hardware problem, rather than
> something with the software.

With just a Receiver and Boom sync'd, cabled ethernet from the same
switch, I got several glitches per minute. It was unusable. I posted
logs, turned up server logging levels on request and posted more logs
etc. Never got any significant insight so I gave up. I could also never
get SqueezePlay on my laptop to reliably sync with either the Receiver
or the Boom.

Instead I just run a Receiver into my hifi. Then to multi room the hifi
I bought two pairs of Dynaudio Xeo 3 wireless speakers, one pair for the
kitchen and one pair fo my study. Damned expensive for what they do, but
worth ever penny. The sound quality is more than I could ever have
expected, especially given the speaker positions. And now I can multi
room sync FM radio or the TV if I want to.

All I'm looking for from a SqueezeBox replacement is something like the
Receiver ie. converts ethernet to SPDIF, but can handle up to 24/96
native without needing resamplng in LMS. If it could handle multi
channel up to 5.1 FLACs that would be a bonus, but I'd need it as 5.1
analogue outputs (no HDMI audio in my AV amp) so that seems unlikely.