I am not a techie, and don't have even rudimentary programming skills.
Getting my existing SB ecosystem to work the way I wanted it to took me
several years.  Networking basics were a challenge, as well as
troubleshooting other issues as they came up.  I figured them out,
though, so I'm not a complete technical idiot.

I introduce myself that way so when seeking advice, you understand why I
don't understand most of the threads in the various developer forums
dealing with the latest designs folks are experimenting with these days.
I have a need, however, and am willing to invest a little time since
this isn't an urgent need.

I'm looking to add a SB to my study.  I'd be happy with a Radio-like
device, although I don't need the screen.  I will likely use small
amplified speakers (haven't settled on those yet, so I could use advice
there as well), and they can be wired or wireless.

I need the device to be both WiFi and Ethernet capable.  I have had
connectivity issues in the past with this particular room, variously
trying both power line and wifi without consistent success. I anticipate
the need to experiment with both before I settle on one.

I mainly stream from my local library, although on occasion I'll use one
of the free services like Pandora.  Sync is very important to me, as I
frequently play the same music on multiple devices.

Hope I covered all the important stuff.  Any advice on what I should do
would be much appreciated.

2-SB3s, 1-Duet, 1-Touch...and an iPeng convert.